Tuesday 10 November 2009

HOW TO STAY POSITIVE IN THE FACE OF DISAPPOINTMENT

I had to cancel an event today, a little one, but a cancellation nonetheless. It's disappointing, especially when you're on a roll for a while and then you get a result that is a complete turn-around. It's like a slap in the face. I'm sure all us Businessmums' experience it; when you run an ad you had success with before and get nothing from it, when you have disappointing sales results over Christmas and the one before was kick ass. How do I keep going on? Why don't I chuck it in and return to waitressing (not high-paying, granted, but certainly less stress)? I guess it's because this makes me happy and I really could't think of anything else I would rather be doing. It's also because:

1. I have developed my business goals and beliefs and know that money is not my top priority in running this business, but helping mums is.
2. I have great touchstones in my life, some of my mumpreneurs in particular, who I can go to for a boost.
3. I understand my market and know that mums aren't always going to be available for events, it's the nature of being a mum.
4. I feel in my gut that although I have my setbacks, my services are needed and I will do well.
5. I am happy to take risks and feel that in the long run, it's worth the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment